The House of Gübelin
Known for its exquisite high-end jewellery, gemstone expertise, and as purveyors of some of today’s most sought-after luxury watch brands the Swiss, family-owned House of Gübelin’s story began in 1854. With the opening of a small watchmaker’s shop in the Swiss city of Lucerne, the business grew over time, moving to ever-larger locations in the city until ﬁnally settling in the prime site on the quay that still houses Gübelin’s Lucerne boutique today.
JEWELLERY & GEMMOLOGY
In the 1920s Gübelin opened its own jewellery atelier and at the same time set up a small gemmological laboratory so that it could test – and be sure of the authenticity – of the stones its jewellers used. It also continued making and repairing ﬁne watches for a discerning clientele, developing a reputation that soon reached throughout Europe and overseas.
Since 1854, the House of Gübelin has always been in the hands of the family and led by a family member.
Throughout time the Gübelin family carefully nurtured its traditions. It kept the company’s core values alive and passed them on to the next generation which contributed to the success and growth of the Swiss House.
Finally, as retailers Gübelin works hard to provide the best possible service and to share its inspiration with its customers – providing them with beautiful objects that will bring them pleasure and be meaningful to them a lifetime long.